The Moldova Wine Tour (29 August-1 September 2020)
Join us for a wine adventure of the year as we visit the least visited country in Europe! Our tour will venture to the the beautiful undiscovered winemaking country of Moldova where we will discover plenty of mysterious wine, brandy and beer delights!
Saturday 29 August 2020
- Guests arrive at leisure in Chisinau and check into our centrally located hotel.
- We will meet at 7pm in the lobby ready for a bar crawl of this fascinating capital city.
- Overnight in Chisinau.
Sunday 30 August 2020
- After breakfast at the hotel, at 9:00am we will hit the road for our first day of wine tasting in Moldova!
- We board our private minibus to head to the Milestii Mici winery, home to the largest wine collection in the world - a Guinness World Record for a whopping two million bottles in total. We taste wines here in a very traditional Moldovan way - wine served in hand-made ceramic pots, paired with local delicacies and Moldovan instrumental music.
- We then head to Chateau Purcari in the south-east part of the country about 50 km from the Black Sea. Here you will find their legendary cellars, remaining unchanged since 1827! Purcari's vineyards have a unique micro-climate, the location of the vineyards on the south-western and south-eastern slopes, proximity to the sea and closeness to the Nistru river offer ideal conditions for the creation of high quality wines.
- Before a traditional lunch we will tour the cellars, sample the delicious wines and relax in the picturesque winery gardens.
- Transfer back to Chisinau.
- We enjoy some free time before heading out for dinner with local Moldovan beer tasting!
- Overnight in Chisinau.
Monday 31 August 2020
- After breakfast we have some free time before setting out for our next wine adventure: the Asconi Winery!
- We enjoy a tour of the winery before tasting a selection of 10 delicious wines.
- We then head for the Comrat Winery in the Autonomous Territorial Unit of Gagauzia, an autonomous region of Moldova. Its autonomy is ethnically motivated by the predominance of the Gagauz people, who are primarily Orthodox Turkic-speaking people. If you would like to discover what winemaking was like during the USSR years then this is a perfect opportunity as things haven't changed much here since then!
- After our delicious tasting we will head for a culinary master-class in a local agro-pension where you will have a chance to cook some pies for lunch as well as sampling the delicious local wines!
- We also take a tour of the local agro-pension to see how the local Gagauzian people used to live.
- Return back to Chisinau for another evening of wine bar crawling and pie eating.
Tuesday 1 September 2020
- After breakfast we will head out on a tour of Chisinau via some wine bars to end of tour in style!
- Transfer to airport for our flights home.
- End of tour.
Contact us for a tour extension with more exciting booze discoveries!
Tour Cost: £400.00
Secure your adventure today with just a £99 deposit...
Price Inclusive of:
- Accommodation in mentioned hotel on twin sharing basis
- All transport
- Local guides
- Entrance fees for all mentioned monuments
- Wine Tastings
- All meals
Price Exclusive of:
- International air tickets
- Visa if needed (we can provide support)
- Any personal expenses & services not included in the above
- External costs as mentioned in itinerary
For your financial protection Smiling Grape Adventure Tours Ltd is a member of Trust My Travel and our membership number is TMT51510. All client money, whether by bank transfer or card payment is paid into an independently managed Trust Account held at Barclays Bank in the UK. This means in the unlikely event of our financial failure you will receive a refund for the services you have paid for. Money is not received by us until all suppliers have been paid and you have completed your trip. Trust My Travel is Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Services Authority under the PSR 2009: No. 569641. For more information about how your payments are protected please visit www.trustmytravel.com for more information.