Around The World Pub Crawl (2021)
Another epic tour of epic epicness...
After a successful first journey across the world searching for the ultimate bar in February 2019, we decided to launch our second spectacular pub adventure, this time visiting twelve countries, four continents and travelling 26,000 miles! Join us for a two week bar and pub extravaganza as we explore some of the best and quirkiest drinking spots on the planet! And thanks to low cost airlines this adventure is perfectly priced…
- Guests arrive at the Nicholas Culpeper Pub in London Gatwick's North Terminal to meet the press and photographers and enjoy a few beers to start our adventure in style!
- Mid morning flight to Krakow, Poland.
- Krakow's bar scene is unique to anywhere else in Europe as Krakow prefers the gloomy but beautiful basement bars! These dive bar establishments are adored by locals and travellers alike and we will be visiting the very best bars in the city.
- You will also be pleased to know that Krakow has some of the cheapest beer in Europe!
- After a relaxing morning walking around the Old City via several bars, we take an afternoon flight to Kiev, Ukraine.
- After checking into our hotel we will go for dinner and drinks at Ward No 6 (Palata No 6), one of our favourite places which was recently featured in the “10 places to drink in before you die” list! Be sure to try the shot requiring you to wear a straitjacket, WW2 helmet and be set on fire whilst being bashed on the head with wrenches and beer kegs...
- You will soon find out that Kiev's nightlife is truly unique! It is a 24/7 capital city with a bar scene that’s going from strength to strength. We will check out an amazing selection of bars and dance the night away with the locals!
- Up early to get on our comfortable AC minibus to the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone! This tour is optional.
- On the way there, we stop for breakfast as well as watch a documentary on the disaster.
- On arrival, we go through the entry procedure and processing of our permits.
- Visit the village Zalissya, the main square of the town of Chernobyl, “Fukushima” memorial, Statue to Lenin, the abandoned Synagogue and the only active church in the zone.
- Lunch at the Workers Cafe (no produce is grown on site) to experience old Soviet style food!
- Visit the Dock, local shops, Monument to the Firefighters, exposition of the remotely operated machines, hills of the buried village Kopachi, rustic kindergarten, panoramic angle of NPPA and existing sarcophagus, the construction site of the new sarcophagus, the Stone Road sign of Prypiat, Bridge of Death, Lenin Street, main square of Prypiat, supermarket, Amusement Park, School #3 (with gas masks) and swimming pool.
- After our epic tour we board our bus for the drive back to Kiev arriving at 5pm.
- Evening flight to Minsk, Belarus.
- Belarus is the least visited country in Europe and has been described as Europe’s ‘only Soviet State’. But Minsk in particular has an extremely vibrant and interesting bar scene and we will do our very best to check it out!
- As well as another cracking bar crawl today, we will also have time to check out the awesome Soviet style buildings, monuments and iconic statues of Lenin.
- Evening flight to Nur-sultan (previously known as Astana), Kazakhstan.
- Early morning arrival in Nur-sultan.
- Nur-sultan has been described as one of the strangest capital cities on Earth - you really have to see it to believe it! Look out for buildings such as the flashy glass pyramid, a Disney version of the White House, a vase-like tower with a ball on top that the president apparently designed on the back of a napkin during a state dinner and the finance ministry shaped as a dollar bill!
- And luckily Nur-sultan is a friendly place and we will soon discover all the different types of bars from the Kazakh shashlyk, Russian Karaoke to Irish and English pubs as well as the classic American sports bars.
- Early morning flight to Moscow, Russia for a day trip and bar crawl!
- We will visit the main sights such as Red Square, Lenin’s Tomb as well as the Kremlin.
- After our sightseeing we will enjoy a bar crawl across the city.
- Afternoon flight to New Dehli, India.
- Early morning arrival.
- If you haven't been to India before then get ready for a culture shock!
- Many visitors to Delhi describe their first experience as 'SSO' aka 'Serious Sensory Overload'!
- With exploring the city we will also discover Dehli’s bar scene in the Connaught Place district as well as drinking with the locals in various classic bars.
- Early morning flight to Phuket, Thailand.
- After a busy week of pub crawling, it's time to relax on the beach!
- We will spend some time discovering the excellent beach bars as well as the famous Bangla Road in Patong with its bright neon lights and crowds of party-lovers.
- Morning flight to Singapore.
- We have about 12 hours to check out this fascinating country as well as it’s famous watering holes! Just be careful of the power of those Singapore Sling cocktails...
- Early morning flight to Melbourne with a mid morning arrival.
- Melbourne's bar scene continues to be the envy of the nation from its world-beating cocktail lounges to its down-and-divey saloons.
- We will be checking out quite a few bars during our relaxed two days in this exciting city!
- Late evening flight to Auckland, New Zealand.
- Early morning arrival.
- Thankfully when it comes to all things bar and booze-related, Auckland is a gift that keeps on giving!
- From rooftop terraces to lavish lounges and everything in between, the city has plenty of places to unwind or party until the sun comes up.
- We will do our very best to discover quite a few out on our two days in the city!
- Late evening flight to Honolulu, Hawaii, USA.
- Early Morning arrival via the International Date Line arriving the same day!
- We have a perfect chance to chill out here in this tropical paradise, checking of the bars of Waikiki in Honolulu. Prepare for the onslaught of Mai Tai cocktails...
- Morning flight to Los Angeles.
- Late afternoon arrival in Los Angeles.
- Transfer to our hotel in Santa Monica.
- Today we can chill out on the beach and discover funky Venice. Santa Monica is home to every type of bar and every breed of drinker!
- The bar scene here is much more relaxed than the rest of Los Angeles. The dress code is much more casual and getting in depends less on who you know and more on what time you arrive!
- Luckily Santa Monica is full of English pubs - they are everywhere! We will try our best to check them out as well as the finest dive bars this part of the city has to offer!
- Early afternoon flight to London Gatwick.
- Early morning arrival at London Gatwick.
- Wow, we made it! Twelve countries, four continents, 26,000 miles and one hell of an adventure!
- We will meet some of the press again who sent us off and enjoy a celebratory drink in The Beehive pub in London Gatwick’s South Terminal.
- Return to work to tell your friends and colleagues about your historic and heroic pub crawl adventure around the world…
TOUR COST: £1295.00
** EARLY BIRD SPECIAL OFFER**
£1095.00 if booked by 31 January 2021
Price Inclusive of:
- Accommodation according to the itinerary on a twin sharing basis
- Airport transfers
- Western and local guides
Price Exclusive of:
- All flights - we will give you a list of the flights to book which is all part of the experience!
- Tours and excursions
- Chernobyl Tour: £100
- Single supplement
Important Tour Information
We are offering a one of a kind tour with plenty of adventures along the way! We have suggested excursions at certain stops on the journey but we want our group tour to be as spontaneous as possible. We will be using social media throughout our travels across the world to get the best recommendations, tours and maybe a few challenges too...
Please check if you require visas for the countries that we are visiting:
Poland, Ukraine, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Russia, India, Thailand, Singapore, Australia, New Zealand USA.
UK nationals will need Tourist Visas for Russia and India, Electronic Travel Authorities for Australia and New Zealand as well as an ESTA for the USA. Please contact us if you need assistance.
Although this trip is described a 'Pub Crawl Tour' it doesn't mean that you have to drink alcohol every day of our journey.
On each stage of the trip we will recommend local tipples including soft drinks and alcohol free cocktails.
If you choose to drink you need to know your limits. The UK Chief Medical Officers' low risk guidelines suggests 14 units of alcohol a week for both men and women. This is equivalent to 6 pints of beer, 6 glasses of wine or 14 shots of spirits.
We also recommend that you should have at least two days a week completely clear of alcohol.
If for any reason you miss your onward flight, it is your responsibility at your expense to catch up with the group.
Smiling Grape Adventure Tours has a strict policy on behaviour. If for any reason you are violent on tour or unruly in any way then you will be kicked off the tour with no refund.
Guests will have to sign a document stating that they have understood our tour rules and regulations before the tour begins.
For your financial protection Smiling Grape Adventure Tours Ltd is a member of Trust My Travel and our membership number is TMT51510. All client money, whether by bank transfer or card payment is paid into an independently managed Trust Account held at Barclays Bank in the UK. This means in the unlikely event of our financial failure you will receive a refund for the services you have paid for. Money is not received by us until all suppliers have been paid and you have completed your trip. Trust My Travel is Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Services Authority under the PSR 2009: No. 569641. For more information about how your payments are protected please visit www.trustmytravel.com for more information.