The Barmy Los Angeles Beer Safari (2021)
Join us for a truly classic Smiling Grape adventure as we experience the 'weird and wonderful' in the crazy city of Los Angeles! As we get down and dirty in the City of Angels we will also spend the week discovering some of best local breweries and craft beers known to mankind...
- Guests arrive at leisure and transfer to ‘Smiling Grape Towers’ in West Hollywood, our home for the next eight days.
- After enjoying some time to relax, we will head off to Hollywood Boulevard for dinner and a bar crawl so you can get to know your fellow revellers in style! Highlights will be ‘Good Times at Davey Wayne's’ and ‘Scum and Villainy Cantina’ for Star Wars fans!
- After breakfast we will discover the dark side of Los Angeles with a guided tour of LA’s famous homicides and true crime!
- We will soon learn about plenty of strangulations, a chainsaw, arson, decapitations, murders and famous serial killers all around the Hollywood and West Hollywood area.
- After our barrel of laughs tour we will head for lunch followed by a massive bar crawl across Sunset towards Santa Monica Boulevard.
- This morning we will join a local 'paparazzo' on his hunt for hot celebrity photographs! We head off in search of famous faces in Hollywood, West Hollywood, Beverly Hills and on the Sunset Strip checking out the hot spots where celebrities like to shop, party, and eat! We will learn the different methods of how the papazzi hunt for their prey as well as learning how to take photographs in a split second of celebrity sight.
- Our next stop will be the infamous ‘L. Ron Hubbard Life Exhibition’ where we will soon discover that the L in his name stands for ‘Loony’.
- After our Scientology enlightenment, we will head to a nearby bar for a recovery pint or two.
- Our brewery discovery tour starts with a visit to some brewing stars in Glendale and Burbank.
- Optional evening event: LA-AX: The art of axe throwing!
- Wearing our leotards and leg warmers, we will have a morning dance lesson learning how to pole dance, twerk and bootie shake!
- If we are still able to move our bodies after our training, then we will head for lunch in El Segundo followed by an afternoon visiting breweries in Hawthorne, Redondo Beach and Inglewood.
- Optional evening event: Porn Star Karaoke.
- This morning we take a tour of Los Angeles’ gang culture.
- We will soon find out about the twenty plus gangs in the city and learn from members who have managed to leave and turn their lives around.
- Lunch in Korea Town will see us experience delicious but moving octopus!
- Next up on our brewery tour is a selection of brew masters in ‘The Valley’.
- Optional evening event: Rage Room: release your tension and smash stuff up with a baseball bat.
- We start the day with a visit to a local gun club to learn about how to shoot different types of weapons from revolvers, AK47s and a few other mysterious choices!
- After lunch we will start of brewery tour of the San Fernando Valley.
- Optional evening event: LA Treasure Hunt.
- As we are in one of the entertainment capitals of the world, we couldn’t leave Los Angeles without learning about the art of ‘Improv’. Our lesson will take us through many different scenarios and we hope to be aching with laughter by the end!
- Our brewery tour today will be in downtown LA to discover the newest breweries on the block.
- Optional evening event: Drinks at Chateau Marmont for more celebrity spotting. ‘Is that Dirk Thrust and his famous Y-Fronts Band?’...
- After checking out of ‘Smiling Grape Towers’, we will enjoy a chill out day in Santa Monica and Venice.
- We will be performing a morning ‘Beer Workout’ at the famous Muscle Beach with ‘One Arm Beer Swings’, ’Beer Glass Lunges’, ‘Double IPA Deadlifts’ and ‘Beer Burpees’ in front of the press and tourists 🍺
- After a rather liquid lunch we will enjoy a ‘Dance Off’ on Santa Monica beach. It could be ‘Disco’ vs ‘The Funky Chicken’, the choice is yours!
- End of tour.
- Late international flights home.
Tour Cost: £1500.00
- Activities mentioned in the itinerary
- Brewery tours (includes a flight of 4 beers per brewery)
- Accommodation on a twin sharing basis
- Western and local guides
- International flights
- Optional tours and excursions
- Single supplement
- Visas (if required)
Secure your adventure today with just a £99 deposit. Email your interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For your financial protection Smiling Grape Adventure Tours Ltd is a member of Trust My Travel and our membership number is TMT51510. All client money, whether by bank transfer or card payment is paid into an independently managed Trust Account held at Barclays Bank in the UK. This means in the unlikely event of our financial failure you will receive a refund for the services you have paid for. Money is not received by us until all suppliers have been paid and you have completed your trip. Trust My Travel is Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Services Authority under the PSR 2009: No. 569641. For more information about how your payments are protected please visit www.trustmytravel.com for more information.